... ramblings about photography and stuff ...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

History Painting

I've noticed recently that there seems to be something in my pictures that borrows a lot from Western History Painting. I'm not quite sure exactly what - the compositions, sense of scale, themes? Oh well - it's something I've decided to investigate a bit. I've mad a Flickr group for "History Painting"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1050311@N20/

I hope it generates some interest - I think it's fascinating how we're informed by visual history.

I think this one has a certain History Painting feel. It's frontal, contained in a proscenium, the actions imply a coherent narrative, though here the story of washing up from the beach is not exactly the heroic stuff of yore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers